Jesus is in action in the Philippines!
May 1-3, we held a Festival of Miracles in the small city of Canlaon, located near the base of the volcano of the same name. Fishing for men began on April 30 with first visiting the mayor and then on to the prison where many inmates received the word of God and Jesus as their savior. The prison bars were locked tight, but the hearts of many men were set free.
Students from all over Negros Island were also in town for a summer work program. We had the chance to minister to them as well and many young people committed their lives to following Jesus.
Salvation and healing flowed like living water over the next three days. Every night, hundreds of people turned their backs to sin and faced Jesus, trusting Him as their Lord and Savior. A total of 655 decision cards were collected. Following the prayer of salvation, we prayed for the sick to be healed. There were many who also received healing. Jesus was in action. Deaf ears were hearing, goiters were melting away, back pain, asthma, etc. …disorders of all kinds were being restored.
The testimonies that find their way into my heart are those which people are most grateful. There was one woman who came to the platform with tears of joy. Having had difficulty breathing for a long time, she was somehow able to get herself to the meeting. It had been years since she was able to take a full breath of air. And there in that gospel meeting, Jesus healed her. Oxygen; wonderful oxygen filled her lungs for the first time in a long while. …and just like oxygen ins needed for our physical life to continue, faith is necessary to sustain our life in Christ. Life ceases to exist without it.
We praise God for all that Jesus has done! One verse came alive to me more than ever during this Festival. “God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself.” (2 Corinthians 5:19) Salvation and healing flow from the cross. People are restored to God through Christ’s voluntary work on the cross. It is Jesus that has done the work in joining people to Himself. And the Holy Spirit will continue to help us reach Asia because we share in His agenda. It is His work and our greatest privilege.
One of the greatest privileges in Canlaon was in our morning Fire Festival Conference for pastors and church workers. This entire event marked the first time that churches of various denominations in the city participated together. Many of them were encouraged and equipped for faith-centered, Holy Spirit ministry focused on the cross of Christ. It was a joy to spend the mornings together with these men and women of God.
Here is one testimony from the morning conference:
TO EVANGELIST JASON BETLER, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL MESSAGES THAT YOU DERLIVERED ON US; IT REALLY ENLIGHTENED OUR MINDAND SOUL. NOW, I KNOW THAT GOD IS SO GOOD DESPITE OF ALL MY SINS, HE STILL LOVES ME AND CLEANSE AND SAVE ME FROM SINS, BECAUSE OF YOUR MESSAGES YOU CHANGE MY LIFE.
THIS FIRE CONFERENCE IS ONE OF THE BEST AND UNFORGETABLE EXPERIENCES FOR ME THAT I EVER HAD. IT HELPS ME TO RECOGNIZE HOW GREAT OUR GOD IS AND HOE BLESSED I AM TO BE A SON OF GOD. AND BECAUSE OF THESE 3 DAYS CONFERENCE, IT TURNS ME TO BE A NEW AND MATURED CHRISTIAN. NOW, I WANNA SAY THANK YOU FOR THIS 3 DAYS CONFERENCE, THIS IS SUCH A MEMORABLE ONE FOR ME. HONESTLY, I’M SO HAPPY THAT DESPITE OF THE RAIN I N EVER MISSIS ANYTHING… THANK YOU GOD FOR HAVING THIS AND FOR ALL THE PEOPLE BEHIND OF
THIS CONFERENCE, AND OF COURSE, THANK YOU TO EVANGELIST JASON BETLER FOR HIS TIME AND MESSAGES THAT HE GAVE US.
CITY CENTER CHURCH
The following report comes from the missionary couple who arranged for this event. Philip and Florence Ng from Singapore have been missionaries to the Philippines for 27+ years! I find them to be true servants of God who love the people of the Philippines. It was an honor to work together with them and their team. In closing, I have attached their report. (I thought you might enjoy hearing someone else’s perspective from what took place.)
Praise God for what He has done in Canlaon City!
Yours in Christ,
A LETTER FROM PHILIP AND FLORENCE NG
MISSIONARIES TO THE PHILIPPINES
Dearly Beloved Evangelist Jason Betler,
Greetings in the wonderful Name of our Lord Jesus Christ !
We thank God for sending you to the Philippines, especially to the city of Canloan, an active volcano mountain. This is the highest city in the central Philippines, the Visayas and therefore
spiritually it control the whole of Visayas. There had never been a city wide crusade held here.
The 3 days Festival of Miracles Crusade was awesome. This is a remote city and very strong in witchcraft. Many have held only small evangelistic meetings but
had very little results and no miracles. Most of the churches here are Baptists and Evangelicals and are stagnant in their growth.
The pastors and churches had little fellowship with each other and were very independent. But because of this crusade, they were able to get to know one another and be more open to each other.
Thank the Lord for “The Nation Hope” , Festival of Miracles crusade held here from May 1-3. The Lord moved mightily as there were many miracles that took place for the first time in the history of this city that the Baptists and those who don’t believe in miracles were able to experience it for themselves.
1 . Evangelist Jason was able to share a short message to the mayor and prayed for her. She received it with thanksgiving in her heart.
We believed she was really touched by the prayer, that she sent her daughter to attend the 2nd night of the crusade.
2. Because of the Festival of Miracle crusade, all the pastors and churches of the Baptists, Evangelicals and Pentecostals are now united together and in fellowship.
They were able to come together for a common goal and that was to win the lost at any cost. For the first time, they had genuine unity and fellowship.
3 . The 3 days morning Fire Conference had empowered the Pastors, leaders and members to be soul winners and so in the evenings they brought many unsaved to the crusade.
By the 3rd day, they were bringing the entire barrio (village) to the crusade. Thank God that Evangelist Jason Betler imparted to them two things: Passion For Jesus and Compassion for the lost.
4. All the churches’ members and leaders were very excited to participate as ushers and counselors as this was the first time they were involved in such a big city wide crusade.
Some were begging to join in the 2nd and 3rd day as the crusade got into high gear. They all wanted to have a part in this Festival of Miracles that brought hope to their city.
It takes one excited person to excite another.
5. The 3 days Festival of Miracles grew every night as people were touched by the ministry of the Word of God and the miracles that happened.
A lady who was healed of a goiter on her neck (testified that she felt somebody squeezed her goiter during prayer and felt no more pain after that), was so excited that she
testified to her entire village and many came to the crusade. Today a new church was born as a result of a miracle and salvation of this lady (a Catholic) at Barangay Carbano.
6. The Festival of Miracle Crusade ended on a Saturday and we had reports from the pastors of the churches that participated that for the first time, their services were overflowing with people.
7. A church at Mananawin was able to have water baptism for 26 new converts on Monday at a nearby waterfall and among them was a witch doctor who got saved.
8. A Catholic woman who was healed of breast cancer attended the Sunday service at our Prayer Center to give her testimony.
9. Altogether there were 655 decisions for Jesus and many who were blind could see and the deaf could hear, the lame walk and all kinds of pain and sickness and diseases were delivered.
Many of them were able to hear the Gospel for the very first time. Truly God is in the business of saving souls and healing the sick.
10. On the 2nd night of the crusade, the attendance doubled. Evangelist Jason prayed and broke the stronghold of witchcraft over the city and as a result, on the 3rd night, people ran to the altar to be saved and healings were taking place like popcorn. Truly the City of Canloan will never be the same again. We believe the churches will begin to experience exponential growth and there will be total transformation in this city and that the Name of Jesus be glorified.
11. Many pastors and workers said that this crusade was so different from other crusades that they had attended. There was total freedom in the ministry of the Holy Spirit and that God’s awesome presence was in that place. God’s hand seemed to be in every situation. Especially when it began to rain just a few hours before the crusade . All of us were in agreement that this was the best crusade we have ever had because it was so unique, full of challenges and excitement.
12. On the last night when so many were saved and those who were healed were leaping and praising God that Evangelist Jason was requested to play the drum so everyone can continue to sing and dance before the Lord. There was great joy as the people of God celebrated the great victory that God had given to His people.
There was a short power failure and the people who had cell phones became the light to the world as they switched on their cell phones to shine their light.
After 15mins. the power came back and surprisingly, no one left the gym, but they all gave a very loud shout that I believed was a shout of victory that shook the whole city. Hallelujah.
God worked in mysterious ways. Everything that happened work for us and not against us as God is a God of purpose.
There were many wonderful testimonies that were written in English and in Cebuano, the local dialect. We will get it to you later.
Thank the Lord for giving us the opportunity to win the lost for Jesus through your ministry. It’s so exciting and very rewarding.
Blessings, protection and joy to your family. Shalom!
Philip & Florence Ng
Missionaries to the Philippines
Jason Betler is the founding evangelist of The Nations Hope, and an ordained minister of The Foursquare Church. A "dad joke" enthusiast, Jason and his wife Angelique reside with their three children in San Jose, California.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.